COVID-19 Facial Coverings
Face Covering Requirements:
Facial coverings help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and help keep you and those around you safe. Facial coverings are in addition to, and not a substitute for, the required social distancing. Broward County Emergency Order requires facial coverings for all persons in an establishment, including members of the public, and when physical distancing requirements cannot be maintained outside.
Absent an express exception, facial coverings must be worn by:
- All persons obtaining services at City facilities including City Hall.
- All persons while outside their residence, when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All persons while visiting or using an amenity (park, pool, beach or any leisure/ entertainment area of a multi-family housing or residential facility including pool, community room, athletic court) when physical distancing (6') cannot be maintained.
- All persons at an establishment (retail, commercial, government, charity, non-profit, business, organization) including entering, exiting, and when moving around, regardless of physical distancing.
- Workers in any establishment or amenity, regardless of physical distancing.
- All persons visiting or using a common area of a multi-family housing including reception area, hallway, elevator, regardless of physical distancing.
- All persons are required to wear facial coverings at all times while using or visiting a gym or fitness center, except when actively exercising.
- All other persons required to wear facial coverings under Broward County Emergency Order
Facial coverings are also required to the extent expressly required by any Executive Order of the Governor and as stated in any attachment to the Broward County Emergency Orders.
Broward County Frequently Asked Questions about Face Coverings can be found here .
Face coverings should adhere to the CDC guidance available here.
Broward County Frequently Asked Questions about Face Coverings available here.
Residents are encouraged to participate in the compliance process by reporting violations to MyBroward. Enter the location of the violation, and select “COVID-19 Business Complaints” as the Type of Issue. You can also call the Broward County Call Center at 311 or (954) 831-4000. Both types of reports can be made anonymously. Hallandale Beach Code Enforcement can be contacted at CodeIssue@CoHB.org or (954) 457-1390.