Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Our city is proud of each of our employees who help create a welcoming community here in #OurHB. Please click the link below to view our available positions.
The City of Hallandale Beach believes its employees to be its most valuable asset. That's why we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including training, educational assistance, annual performance appraisals, and a merit program. Most benefit packages for full-time employees include the following:
The City offers single, double, and family coverage through Aetna Health. Depending on the coverage you choose, the City pays 100% of the cost for the employee’s coverage and 70% of the employee’s dependents portion. All employees are eligible for health insurance on the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
The City offers two dental plans through Aetna Dental Insurance Company. Rates for each of these plans vary.
The City offers vision insurance coverage through Aetna Vision.
The City offers eleven annual paid holidays, including:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents' Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
Employees are eligible for vacation after the third monthly anniversary of employment. All full-time employees accrue a minimum of 104 hours of vacation per year for the first five years of service, with additional vacation time granted thereafter.
All full-time employees accrue eight (8) hours of sick leave per month, beginning on the first day of employment.
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA)
- Group Life Insurance and Accidental Death/Dismemberment Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
- Police Defined Benefit Pension
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Voluntary 401(a) Match Plan
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Union Membership
- Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks)
- Dependent Care Stipend ($150/mo)
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account
- The City also offers a cafeteria plan of additional insurance programs through AFLAC