Development Services Department
The Development Services Department strives to provide quality service to residents and business owners as well as developers and contractors doing business in the city. The Department's efforts can be seen through continuing development and redevelopment throughout the City. The Department's mission is to protect the health, safety and welfare of Hallandale Beach residents while enhancing the City's aesthetic appearance, maintaining responsible growth management principles and providing high-quality customer service.
The Development Services Department is comprised of the following Divisions:
- 40-Year Building Safety Inspection Program
- Construction Permits and Inspections
- Flood Zone Information
- Unsafe Structures
- Solar Initiatives
Code Compliance Division
- Educate Residents on Common Violations
- Receive and Investigate Resident Complaints
- Issue Notices to Residents
- Monitor Minimum Housing Regulations
- Facilitate Special Magistrate Hearings
- Register Vacation Rentals
- Register Vacant and Foreclosed Properties
Planning and Zoning Division
- Property Zoning and Land Use Information
- Zoning and Development Regulations and Maps
- Plan Reviews and Zoning and Land Development Review Applications
- Development Review Case (DRC) Process and Planning and Zoning Board
- Current Development Activities
- Current Planning Initiatives and Community Outreach
- Comprehensive Plan
Click here for additional information on Planning and Zoning Division Services.
Click here to access existing Planning and Zoning applications.
Businesses & Special Events
Business Tax Receipts (BTR), Temporary Use (Special Events) authorization, Filming Activity permit, Hotel Registration, Nightclub licenses, Medical Marijuana License and helpful links.
Click here to access existing forms.
Click here for more information on how to obtain, renewing, and pay a BTR.
Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a New Business
The Development Services Department is committed to promoting and helping new businesses by creating a business-friendly environment consistent with the City's character and the quality of life of its business and residential communities.
Click here for a step by step guide to assist you in starting your business in Hallandale Beach. We are here to assist you every step of the way.
Transportation and Mobility Division
The Transportation and Mobility Division ensures the safe and efficient movement of people and goods throughout the city of Hallandale Beach. The division is dedicated to implementing a convenient multimodal transportation network that can be enjoyed by users in all stages of life. The division provides the following services:
- Education and Encouragement of all Traffic Safety Laws
- Community Mini Bus Service
- Healthy Community Zone Planning
- Safe Routes to School Planning
- Multimodal Mobility Plan
- Long-Range Transportation Planning
- Transportation Development Review
Click Here for more information of the Transportation and Mobility Division Services