Businesses & Special Events
In light of the Health Department advisories regarding the Corona Virus, the City of Hallandale Beach is implementing temporary guidelines for business owners to submit their Business Tax Receipt applications as follows:
Due to recent spikes in Covid-19 cases, starting Monday, July 27, 2020, we will be scaling back on our hours of operations. City Hall will open to the public Monday and Wednesday from 8 am to 4 pm.
1.Research Zoning Regulations:
To determine the zoning district of the proposed site, you may use the Interactive Zoning Map on the City’s website. Simply search for your address or parcel folio number, which will activate the zoning layer on the Map. The uses permitted and regulations may be found in the hyperlinks noted below:
- Central RAC Permitted Uses Chart
- West RAC Permitted Uses Chart, or the
- Permitted Uses by Zoning District Chart
Additional information may be found in the City’s Zoning and Land Development Code
Please note additional requirements and distance separations for some uses such as service stations and controlled substances establishments (medical Marijuana, pain management or pharmacies) are applicable.
2. Determine State or County License to Sumit with Application:
- Application forms for Business Tax Receipts may be downloaded from the City’s website along with the Property Owner Landlord Authorization Form.
- If any of the following criteria apply, you are entitled to a business tax receipt but will need to complete an Exempt Local Business Tax Receipt Application.
The following are entitled to an exemption from a Business Tax Receipt Fees:
- A person who is physically disabled is incapable of manual labor, who uses less than $1,000 of their capital investment (F.S. 205.162), AND does not have more than one employee or helper in connection with the business or occupation
- A person 65 years of age or older who uses less than $1,000 of their capital investment (F.S. 205.162) AND does not have any more than one employee or helper in connection with the business or occupation
- A person who is a widow/widower with minor dependent(s), uses less than $1,000 of their capital investment (F.S. 205.162) AND does not have more than one employee or helper in connection with the business or occupation
- A Veteran of the United States Armed Forces who was honorably discharged upon separation from service, or the spouse or un-remarried surviving spouse of such a veteran (F.S. 205.162), AND owns a majority interest in a business with fewer than 100 employees.
- E-mail completed applications with required documents to the Business License Specialist at email@example.com. Business owners will be notified if the appropriate documents are missing.
- The application will be reviewed to determine the category, documentation, and fee are correct.
- Planning and Zoning will verify that the location is zoned for a particular business.
- The application will be processed and billed. Payments will only be accepted on-line at: https://hallandalebeachfl.gov/361/Online-Payments
4. Fire Inspections:
Fire inspections, usually conducted on Wednesdays, will be confirmed with the Fire Marshal and notification given to each business owner of such inspection for businesses considered “essential” under Broward County Administrator’s Emergency Order 20-01. The Fire Department will advise of such businesses.
All Inspections for Business Tax Receipts for non-essential businesses are on hold until further notice.
5. Issuance of Businesses Tax Receipts:
- The Business Tax Receipt will be issued after completion of Zoning approval and confirmation of documents and fees.
- Business Tax Receipts issued without a Fire Inspection conducted for the business location that the Business Tax Receipt is issued subject to Fire Inspection.
- A copy of the Business Tax Receipt will be e-mailed to the applicant. The original Business Tax Receipt, blue in color, will be mailed.
- For questions regarding your Business Tax Receipt required documents, fees or other related matters, contact the Business License Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-457-1341 or contact Joy Murray at email@example.com or 954-457-1375.
- Should you have any additional questions on the zoning for your business call Luis Fontanills at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-457-3019.
For more additional form related visit Business Tax Receipt Forms page