Return to Play
The City of Hallandale Beach is currently in a phased partial reopening of BF James Park, Foster Park, Foster Park Plaza, Ingalls Parks, Joseph Scavo Park, OB Johnson Park and South City Beach Park as well as the City Marina and Hallandale Beach Cemetery The Phase One partial reopening now includes expanded Park Hours, the partial reopening of the Beach and reopening of the Joseph Scavo Off-Leash Dog Park.
Effective June 8th, Tennis Courts and Racquetball Courts at OB Johnson & Peter Bluesten Parks will be open with restrictions.
The City welcomes its residents to enjoy our reopened facilities while adhering to specific guidelines and restrictions. Please help us keep our facilities open by following all guidelines, rules and regulations.
The City welcomes visitors to the Beach with the following guidelines:
- All Beach ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect.
- Per Broward County Emergency Order 20-13, The Beach will be open Sunrise to Sunset for limited ocean activities (such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, body surfing) as well as limited active recreation and exercise (such as walking, running, surf fishing, picnicking, sunbathing, sitting or lying on the beach). The use of umbrellas, canopies, chairs, loungers, and coolers are permitted if physical distancing measures are in place.
- South City Beach Park will be open for walk in Beach Access 7am-6pm.
- North City Beach Park will be open for walk in Beach Access Sunrise to Sunset.
- Beach Amenities including Public Parking remain closed until further notice.
- Hallandale Beach Rescue Lifeguards will be on duty 9am - 6pm daily.
- Organized activities, group events, special events, group or organized sports including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football are prohibited.
The City welcomes visitors to Designated Park Facilities with the following guidelines:
- All Park ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect.
- Designated Park properties will reopen only for walking and/or jogging – patrons required to ‘Keep Moving’.
- Park hours are 7am - 6pm.
- Parking lots will remain closed to minimize travel and encourage neighborhood use.
- Effective June 8th: Tennis & Racquetball Courts at OB Johnson and Peter Bluesten Parks will be open Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm. A maximum of four people (two on Racquetball) are allowed on the court at any time (singles or doubles play only). Play is first come first serve, reservations are not being accepted.
- The Joseph Scavo Dog Park remains closed every Wednesday for maintenance.
- The City Marina is open for boat owner access per normal schedule. Guests are prohibited. Marina restrooms shall remain closed to all users.
- The Hallandale Beach Cemetery is open for family visitations that comply with all guidelines and restrictions. Burial Services will continue to be restricted by administrative guidelines.
Off-Leash Dog Park Visitors
The City welcomes visitors to Joseph Scavo Off-Leash Dog Park with the following guidelines:
- All Dog Park ordinances, rules and regulations are in effect.
- Visitors may not enter the park if they or their dog are exhibiting symptoms or are sick.
- Visitors may not interact or touch other dogs.
- Visitors must have a facial covering, water for their pet, hand sanitizer, and plan for a short visit. Disposable gloves are also strongly recommended
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their own doggie bags as the dispensers are not sanitized. All waste must be dispose of properly
- The CDC recommends avoiding busy dog parks for the protection of your pet. Enter at your own risk.
- Park visitors are required to enter the parks only through the designated entry/ gate.
- Visitors must follow current emergency orders and CDC guidelines for public areas, personal hygiene, physical distancing, social gatherings, and face coverings.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum six (6) feet of physical distance from others at all times, except between members of the same household.
- Groups gatherings of more than ten are not allowed.
- Visitors are not permitted to use parks if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Play, fitness, and/or exercise equipment may not be brought into the parks.
- Our beach is accessible to everyone. Since our parking lots are closed, our neighbors who require ADA access can contact our beach guards at (954) 362-9198 to arrange for a beach accessible wheelchair and accessible parking. More information is available at https://www.cohb.org/960/Services
- Anyone in violation of the guidelines will be instructed to leave the park/ beach and will be prohibited from further use of the park/ beach for the remainder of the day. Refusal to leave upon the instruction of a City staff person or return to the park/ beach after ejection is subject to enforcement as provided in Florida Statutes Chapter 870 and/or Chapter 1, Section 1-8, Code of Ordinances, City of Hallandale Beach, and any other applicable laws.
In support of the passive ‘Keep Moving’ use, the following activities and amenities will remain closed. Please prepare for your visit accordingly:
- Outdoor Fitness equipment
- Off-Leash Dog Park - through May 31st
- Community Center/ Facilities/ YMCA
- Picnic Shelters/ Pavilions
- Athletic/ Sports Fields
- Athletic Courts (Volleyball, Basketball, Bocce, Bankshot Basketball)
- Swimming Pools
- Sports Lighting
- Concession Stands
- Water Fountains
- Beach Showers through May 31st
- Park Amenities (Benches, Picnic Tables, Bike Racks etc)
- Parking Lots
- All organized athletic leagues, games, races, practices, pick-up games and tournaments, recreation programs, events, and facility rentals are suspended
- Social gathering of groups of 11 or more people are not allowed
At this time, the BF James Pool, the Cultural Community Center, Golden Isles Park and Tennis Center (under construction), Gulfstream Academy Athletic Complex, Historic Hallandale School House, Historic Village, North City Beach Park, Peter Bluesten Park, Sunrise Park, Sunset Park, Teen Garden will remain closed.
For more information visit www.CoHB.org/Corona.
Phase One Open Parks
BF James Park, 777 NW 1st Ave
Foster Park, 609 NW 8th Ave
Foster Park Plaza, 610 NW 6th Ave
Ingalls Park, 735 SW 1st Ave
Joseph Scavo Park, 900 Three Islands Blvd
OB Johnson Park, 1000 NW 8th Ave
South City Beach Park, 1870 S Ocean Dr
City Marina, 110 Three Islands Blvd (Boat Owner Access only)
Hallandale Beach Cemetery, 801 NW 6th Ave